Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Our tough little girl

So I know you have all been starving for birthday party pictures but it has been a rough few days here at the house. Jenni is again not feeling well. She has several things going on and I am sure some of it is attributed to being at daycare and being exposed to new "germs". Her first day in the toddler room (September 25th) she was "beat up" by another toddler. She is just so tiny and the teachers said that Jenni was "fresh meat"(for lack of a better term)and they all kind of ganged up on her. The teachers tried to hold her most of the day but had to put her down a couple of times while trying to care for the other children and within minutes she scratched and pushed around. I didn't get upset as I know much of it is what they call "age appropriate" and I know that Jenni will always be on the smaller side and it is a tough world out there and she will need to learn to defend herself. I am sure she will probably scratch or bite another child herself at some point. I do need to point out that our daycare has been so good about all of Jenni's little ailments and they don't "freak" out over an occasional reflux issue or snotty nose. Unfornuately though for her birthday party the following Saturday she had a nice scratch on her face although it was not real noticeable in the pictures. She still loves to go play with the other children at the daycare. She only has to go 3 days a week and seems to enjoy it. She also has been still vomiting and even did at her party even before she had her cake but she did the typical "puke and rally" that she does and continued to be cheerful and happy. She has had a snotty nose and just not feeling good. Last night was the scariest as I could hear her coughing in the bedroom at about 2:00 in the morning and went in and checked on her and there was blood on the mattress. She was still fast asleep but we could see crusted blood on her lip and nose. We were at first a little panicked that she had maybe vomited blood but we figured out that it was a nose bleed. After that I couldn't go back to sleep and I had to be up for work at 4:00am. I did get on the Internet and found out that some babies do that and not to be too worried. Thank God, for the Internet to ease one's mind in the middle of the night. She has vaporizer in her room on at all times so the air wasn't too dry but I think she may have a sinus infection or severe allergies which could have contributed to her nose blood. Tonight she came home from daycare with "goo" in her eye and it was red although not terribly bad so I am not sure if it is pinkeye or maybe just irritate from a sinus infection. She has an appointment with Dr. tomorrow. This little baby has really been so good considering she really hasn't had any time of feeling 100% since we have been home from China. She is either teething, ill or both. We are really so lucky to have such a tough little girl. She is growing and changing so much everyday. Hopefully, this weekend I can download some pictures and I will update you all on what the Dr. says.

Terri

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Terri - what a rough week for you all. :( I pray that the coming days and weeks Sweet Jenni starts to feel great and gets past all of this sickness stuff - poor baby. Keep us posted and I can't wait to see her party pictures!!