Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back to work this week!

This was my first full week back at work. Jenni Lin was babysat by one of my sisters and did really well. It was very hard to get her up at 5:15am in the morning not to mention getting myself up at 3:45am!! But you do what you have to do for your child. My sister lives about about 20 minutes away (on Northside) and then I have to head back up to the Southhill for work. So from the Valley to the Northside and to the Southhill. Then working a 10 hour day. Tomorrow won't be so bad as I only work a 5 hour day, however we are going to try out our new daycare. I figure getting her use to the daycare with a shorter day would be best. I am sure she will do really well. It is much harder on me than her. She cried when I left on Monday but with each day the crying for much shorter until there was just a whimper today. She is so cute when she sees me walk in at the end of the day. She will often start crying when I arrive to pick her up almost like to let me know she is very displeased that I left her somewhere. She loves going to my sister's house but just doesn't want to me to leave. She then just keeps tight grip on my arm with one hand and then keeps patting my shoulder with her other hand as to say "this is my mama" and I am happy to be in her arms. She is making big milestones this week. She is now crawling at full speed and climbing up the stairs like a pro. She has 2 teeth coming in and is eating table food much easier. Her hair is getting much longer and more wild!! She has also learned the word "no" many times this week. She has a couple bruises from her adventures but it never stops her. She is a tough old girl! Except when she is tired and then she is more emotional especially if I am in the room. I think she lets her guard down with me. Either that or she knows I a softie when it comes to her and will give all sorts of sympathy. I will try and download some more pictures tomorrow too tired tonight!

Terri

1 comment:

meremom&dad said...

Terri,
Glad to hear you are surviving daycare and back to work! Oh, and tell Rich "Happy belated Birthday" and welcome to the "old peoples club"!!
Hugs and kisses to Jenni Lin!

Aunt Margo