Saturday, July 12, 2008

Fire in our neighborhood

It has been such a fun week except for the fire. Each day is a new day with new adventures and milestones reached. Her sleep schedule is becoming more routine and she is now eating solid foods, although still pretty picky, on a regular basis. I have enjoyed having the last 4 weeks off of work but I do have to admit I do miss my co-workers. Never thought I miss work so much. Trust me it is not the getting up at 4:30am that I miss but I do miss our patients and the interactions with my boss and co-workers. I can't thank them enough for covering for me so I can enjoy this time with our daughter. Jenni Lin is now rolling around so much and is very close to crawling. The dog and cat have been an incentive to her as they lay just far enough away that she tries to crawl to them. We did have a little bit of a scare on Thursday as we had a big fire, the Valley View Fire, that was just blocks from our home. 13 homes were loss to this fire and over 1000 acres burned. We actually started to pack up some stuff to evacuate but thanks to the awesome fire fighters we were fine. They said there were over 100 firefighters that fought this fire. It is amazing how now that we have a child our value of our "things" don't seem as important. I was just more worried to make sure we had Jenni out and our pets everything else can be replace. Well, I better go as Jenni Lin is wanting me to play with her!!

Hugs,
Terri

1 comment:

Lisa said...

YIKES! I'm SO glad to hear you are all OK! That is scary.