Monday, July 7, 2008

A Routine!!

Things are going much better in our household. Jenni Lin has been sleeping through the night again the last 2 nights. She is sleeping from 9:00PM to 7:00am and then lays down for a 2 hour nap in the morning and about a 1 1/2 hour nap in the afternoon. We finally have her on Soy Formula which has help with her congestion. We tried doing regular formula the other day and she got all congested again so we think there is probably a sensitivity to the Milk-based formula. She is eating some solid foods but wants what Rich and I eat and not baby food. I think the baby food is too bland or something. She doesn't seem to like anything too sweet and when she is done she is done! I could learn to eat better if I followed her eating pattern..stop when you are full! I was able to go to work for about 4 hours on Saturday and she did great with daddy. Today is daddy's first day back to work after 3 weeks. I will really miss having him here. We make such a great team and he is so good about changing diapers and taking her to the toilet and everything else that comes with parenting. She did get set back a little bit on the potty training when she was sick but we are again working on it. She will go if we take her to the toilet on a regular basis but I have to admit we haven't been as diligent as we were in China. She still likes me to be in her eye sight at all times and in the evenings she loves to snuggle with me on the couch.

Terri

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm SO glad to hear Jenni is feeling better and you are all getting better sleep. That makes a world of difference. That's great that you had so much time together while Rich was off. I have loved it when each of our kids came into our family - but we definitely have special memories of our first one. Being able to load up and go to the park or the store or to dinner and just having that baby - it was lots of fun! (It's still fun with 4! Just in a different way!!) Enjoy these days - they'll go by FAST!