Monday, July 14, 2008

Parenthood

We had a great weekend. It is just so much fun being a "family". I keep waiting for the this "wonderful feeling of joy" to wear off but it never does. Even when Jenni is fussy I just can't wipe this feeling of "joy" off of my face. Rich said yesterday.."This is starting to feel normal" as if "Jenni has been with us forever". I always tried to be very understanding of "parents" even though I never had a child I always loved children so I thought I understood, at least a little bit, what other parents go through. But I never in my life knew how important your child can be to you. It is like nothing else matters but that little person that needs your attention. I find myself actually missing Jenni when we are with other family that are holding her and giving her attention. I have to go give her a kiss or hug after a few minutes. It is not jealousy of the other family or friends holding her or loving her as I just love having Jenni having that interaction but I just actually "need" to give her a love or kiss. It is going to be hard going back to work but I know it will be ok. She loves being around other children and having that interaction will be really good for her. She still is not crawling but she sure scoots and rolls around really well. She is eating more solid foods now and seems to be finally putting on weight. She has her baby well check next week so we will find out. Well, better go!

Hugs,
Terri

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You described it well!! Parenthood is AWESOME! Even after 16 years and bringing home number 4 - I can't get enough of her! I feel like I soak up her love and sweetness like a sponge! :)