Sunday, June 15, 2008

Changsha

Sorry about not blogging sooner. We have been having a little trouble with blogging in Changsha. We can blog but I can't actually see our blog. We also can't download any pictures right now. "Gotcha" will be in about 2 hours. We will take pictures but I will need to forward them onto a family member so they can insert them from the states. Also, my comcast email is not working so we are having to use our yahoo account. This morning we went down for breakfast at the buffet. It was very good. Then at about 10:00am we met with our adoption agency to go over what happens this afternoon. We are so excited but at the same time very nervous. I have my own "fan club", Gracie. She is the daughter of one our travel group families. She is from China. She is just so cute. She told Rich and I that she would show us how to change diapers! She gave Rich and I exact directions on how to change a poopy diaper. It was just so cute. I figure if Baby Jenni doesn't come to me right away, I could call Gracie to come over to give me a "love". Gracie also likes me to hold her, she is preparing me for holding Jenni Lin. Gracie is about 5 or 6 and she is smart as a whip. Gracie's sister is also from the same orphanage as our daughter so now Gracie calls me Aunt Terri.

Changsha reminds us alot of Mexico. It is really big. There is more proverty here than in Hong Kong. Our guide said that Changsha was one of the smaller cities. It only has 6 million people! We thought that was funny when the Chinese think that 6 Million is small. It is raining today with 94% humidity. Well, better go and the next time you here from us we will finally be parents!!

Hugs,
Terri

No comments: