Friday, June 6, 2008

To Do List

Been a busy week getting all of our "to do list" done. We did find out that our Gotcha Day will be Monday June 16th! I just can't believe in 10 days we will be seeing and holding our baby girl. We spent last night putting together the crib and other "baby" things. Once we saw the crib all put together we both just look at other in disbelief. This just makes it finally seem so real. To know that our baby will be in that crib by the end of the month is just so surreal. Our dog seems to know something is up. He just keeps carrying around his dog toys with this sad look on his face. Like "am I still your baby?". He is 10 now but yes he will still be our "baby" also. It is funny how animals can sense something is changing. He is a very good dog so I am sure he will adjust just fine.

On a sad note, one of the families from our online Yahoo Panda support group has had a sad, sad event. Today should be their referral call(they have a log-in-date of 1/16/2006) and yesterday the husband passed away unexpectedly. He was at work and collapsed and by the time she got to hospital he was gone. My heart just goes out to her. I just can't imagine the agony she is going through right now. Not sure if she is still planning on going to China to get their child but what ever decision she makes I will support her 100%. Please keep she and her family in your prayers.

Terri

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Terri - I hadn't checked in on the Panda group for a while. Thank you for posting this. I'm praying for her - I just can't imagine what she is going through. Helps put my trip change of traveling alone into perspective.

We are getting SO close! I bet seeing your crib up was so much fun!!! Can't wait to see you become a mom VERY soon!

Shannon and Ted said...

I am so sorry to hear about the Panda group member. That is beyond sad.

Aren't dogs funny. They really do know something is about to change. He/she might not like the strange sounds the new baby makes, but wait until he/she find out that child that drops Cheeros on the floor. Yum!

Good Luck with your trip!