Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Jenni is legally ours!!!

Today our adoption was finalized in the eyes of China. She is legally ours. Today was a very long day. Jenni was glued to me which I have to admit I didn't really mind a whole lot, actually I did love the fact the minute I picked her up she snuggled into me and had a death grip on me! However, it was very muggy today and the snuggli was very warm for both Jenni and I. We went to the Civil Affairs office today and finalized our adoption. The room we had to wait in was full of babies and parents and it was very hot. Jenni loved Rich the first day but today she didn't want anything to do with him. This is very common and I am sure within a few days she will warm up to him. I have to admit I just love our travel group. All of the families are just so nice and we all help each other out. Although, I think Rich and I probably utilize their advice more then they need ours! Our reps, Jason and Kathy are fabulous. They are Chinese and they have a way of making the babies all laugh. Kathy sings a song to them in Chinese and they just calm down. They have such a personal touch. They call us at night and in the morning to make sure we don't need their help. They are staying in the hotel with us. We went to Walmart today and boy was that interesting. Our group had quite the fan club following us around. The Chinese children like to come and talk to us in English and the older ladies love to come over and talk to the babies. The Chinese people have just been so friendly and their customer service in our hotel is just incredible. The U.S. could learn from them. Well, Jenni finally let me put her down and I think I should try and get some rest before my new boss wakes up!!

Terri

No comments: