Sunday, June 22, 2008

Guangzhou

We are now in Guangzhou. We actually arrived yesterday. Jenni Lin did fabulous on the flight. I gave her a bottle right as we were taking off and she fell asleep taking off and then only awoke right as we were landing. I am hopeful that the long flight home will be just as easy. We are now staying at the White Swan. It is a beautiful hotel but I have to admit the Dolton in Changsha was just as nice. I think that the hotel staff at the Dolton was just great. It is easier being in Guangzhou as it has alot more to offer to the Americans. We also feel alot safer walking around the Island here. We had a very busy day today with a tour and swimming at the White Swan Hotel. Jenni Lin look so cute in the swimsuit that Aunt Dena got her. We failed to get pictures as we left the camera back in the hotel room but hopefully tomorrow we can get some of her swimming. She loved the water!! We would tell her kick and she would. She tried hard to actually doggie paddle. She is just so smart. She is now saying MaMa and Dada. Rich and I just have been having so much fun with her even when she gets cranky. She is just so lovable. She is getting a little bit better about eating. At breakfast she will now eat eggs or porridge if it smothered in syrup. Hey, you do what you have to do get her to eat! I know you guys want more pictures but they keep us pretty busy here and then we never want to miss a moment with the baby but I promise to eventually download pictures to snapfish and you can see them all. Tomorrow we have to do more paperwork and the baby's physical. Miss you all!!

Terri

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Terri.. show Rich how to change a diaper. I can.t wait to see her.
Please stay safe,

Love,
Grandpa

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! How does it feel to hold YOUR baby girl!!! I am sure it felt that same way when I held my babies for the first time!!!! I wish you all lots of luck and love on your new journey of being a new parent!!! So she is nine months, so her and Kiya are really close in age. Well good luck on your flight home.
Heather, Ruben, and babies!!!

Anonymous said...

We are sooooo happy for you. Jenni is absolutely beautiful. I hear what you say about the salty bean curd. We thought the same about the egg custard in Beijing. I can't wait to meet Jenni. Jaden will love having a little 'sister'.

Travel safely home.

Jen, Rob and Jaden

ps. Jaden just walked up to me, said 'Mama Hi' with a big smile and gave me a kiss. It's all so worth it.

Anonymous said...

Terri and Rich:

Bloomberg news says there is a typhoon in Hong Kong and their market is closed becuase of the storm. Are you guys safe??
Please let us know ASAP.

Thanks
Gramps.