Saturday, June 28, 2008

We are home!!!



Hello, Everyone!! We have made it home safe and sound. The flight was very long and baby Jenni was not a happy camper. She cried almost the entire flight from Hong Kong to San Francisco. She was running a fever and we think she has a respiratory infection. So this was not the best time to fly for her. We would have posted earlier but Rich starting feeling sick on Wednesday with a cold and then I started having sinus issues and Jenni started coughing alot. So the last two days in Guangzhou we were not feeling too well. Jenni wasn't sleeping well and neither was Rich or I. So we were just too tired to even get on the computer. Jenni is now a legal citizen of the U.S. once we got to San Francisco and according to the U.S. Consulate and China we have legally completed the adoption procedure. However, we will probably still do th legal adoption paperwork for our state. Jenni has been doing pretty well with jet lag. Rich and I are also doing fine. I just wanted to put in a special thanks to our adoption agency, CCAI. The reps were wonderful!! Jason and Kathy stayed with us the whole entire time. I already miss the other families we were there with. We all got to know each other so well and I even got to where I could tell which baby was the one crying just by the sound of their cry.

Thanks again to my friends and family that help make this journey go well for us. There were many things that I was stressing about as far as home and work. But everyone pulled together and I came home to a clean house and food stocked. It was just awesome. I intend to keep this blog going for awhile so we can update with pictures for everyone.

The above pictures are of Jenni helping daddy pick out what pearls she wanted and then Jenni sleeping after shopping. She would put her back and sleep. It looked so uncomfortable but she would sleep like that for long periods of time.

Hugs!
Terri

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I'm going to be addicted to checking blogs of our travel group families...you all are extended family now! I'm so glad you all made it home and I hope and pray that you all catch up on sleep and feel well soon so you can enjoy being a family of three! It was wonderful getting to know you all in China and I can't say thanks enough for your help with me and Ren. :) Feels good to be home - doesn't it? Give sweet Jenni a kiss for me!